Alappuzha, also known as Alleppey, is a city in Alappuzha District of Kerala state of southern India.It is the administrative headquarters of Alappuzha District.
Alappuzha also known as Alleppey, is a city in Alappuzha District of Kerala state of southern India.It is the administrative headquarters of Alappuzha District.This town is considered to be the oldest planned town in this region and the lighthouse built on the coast of the town is the first of its kind along the Arabian coast. As per 2001 census Alleppey is the sixth largest city in Kerala with an urban population of 177,029.
Alleppey is situated 62 kilometres (39 mi) to the south of Kochi and 155 kilometres (96 mi) north of Trivandrum. A town with picturesque canals, backwaters, beaches, and lagoons, it was described as the one of the places known as “Venice of the East” by Lord Curzon. Malayalam is the most spoken language. Hindi, English and Tamil are also widely spoken in the town.
Alleppey is an important tourist destination in India. The Backwaters of Alleppey are the most popular tourist attraction in Kerala. A houseboat cruise in these backwaters is a delightful experience. It connects Kumarakom and Cochin towards north and Quilon to the South. Alappuzha is also the access point for the annual Nehru Trophy Boat Race, held on the Punnamada Lake, near Alappuzha, held on the second Saturday of August every year, is the most competitive and popular of the boat races in India.The mullackal chirap is also one of the attractions of Allapuzha which is the festive season held ten colorful days every year in the month of December.
Other attractions in Alleppey are Alappuzha Beach, offering one of the most beautiful views of the Arabian Sea, Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple, Mannarasala Temple, Chettikulangara Devi Temple, Haripad Subrahmanya Swamy Temple, Mullakkal Temple, Edathua Church, and Champakulam Valia Palli. Krishnapuram Palace also attracts many tourists. The tasty ambalappuzha payasam is a popular dessert.
- 7 Nights 8 Days – Romantic Kerala Honeymoon Package with Houseboat
- 6 Nights 7 Days – Kerala Summer Honeymoon Packages
- 2 Nights 3 Days – kerala houseboat honeymoon packages
- 10 Nights/ 11 Days Kerala Holiday Packages – Starting INR 46,400 per couple
- 4 Nights/ 5 Days Kerala Honeymoon Packages with Houseboat – Starting INR 21,900 per couple
- 3 Nights/ 4 Days Kerala Honeymoon Packages with Houseboat – Starting INR 17,900 per couple
- 3 Nights/ 4 Days Munnar- Alleppey (Houseboat) – Starting INR 16,300 per couple
- 5 Nights/6 Days Cochin-Munnar-Thekkady-Alleppey (Houseboat) Tour – Starting INR 25,200 per couple All Inclusive
- 4Nights /5Days – Appealing Kerala With Private Vehicle – starting price INR 20,600 per Couple
- Munnar Alleppey package (2 Nights / 3 Days) – Starting 15,000/- Per Couple with Houseboat
Alleppey, being a coastal area, is humid all through the year. The best time to visit the place is between September to March.
- Winters (November to February) are pleasant with temperature between 17°C to 32°C. It is the best period for honeymooning, beach activities, houseboat vacations and backwater explorations.
- Summers (March to May) have a dry and humid weather with maximum temperature reaches to nearly 37°C, and is a good season for roaming around.
- Monsoons (June to September) are accompanied with heavy rains, typically tourists avoid heavy rainy days in June and July.
December to February is cooler and ideal for sightseeing. August to November offers moderate temperatures and is associated with many celebrations. March to May is hot, but still is nice for sightseeing and backwater rowing. However, the months of June and July offers heavy showers with water clogging on roads, disrupting outdoor activities.